Thursday, September 6, 2012

1 year

One year.
365 days.
And I don't know how many minutes
.....it feels like F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!

 
Bev, God called you home to Heaven LONG before we were ready to let you go.
Even though our hearts were torn that day,
we know God had a plan.
 

We do not understand.
And we still shed many tears.
But that just makes us cling tighter to God's hand,
the hand that right now you are holding on to.


 
Bev, I treasure each memory of you!
The good, the funny,
and even the ones where I thought you were a bossy older sister!
And especially the ones that only you & I fully understood ;)
I treasure those memories [tho not memories I wished to make!] of my time with you at the hospital.
 
Bev, you taught me sooooo much!
You taught me what it means to love God above all else!
You passed on your love for missions & the work of God around the world.
Your servant heart humbled me on more than one occasion
[often during our days at the hospital I had to stop & ask which of us was serving whom!]
 
Bev, I will be forever grateful that you are my sister!
I love you!
And I miss you!!!
xoxoxo
 
 

 

 

 I am grateful for understanding people!
Today I was able to take a day of solitude to process the things of the past year, instead of sitting in classes. It was exactly what I needed!! I'm so grateful!

I had a wonderful time with just God, my journal, my Bible,
my memories & tears, and my butterflies. Yeah it wasn't an easy day. But I could feel the prayers of my friends. And I must say today was a blessing.

 And some of the biggest blessings are in the photo above! I am blessed to have these lovely ladies as my friends!! I don't know what I would have done without you all! LaRonda, Delight, Katelyn, Mel, Juanita and Yvonne, you all are just amazing!!! Thank you for your prayers, your tears, your hugs, your notes and the flowers....and just for being with me! It meant more than you could imagine!
 I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we had the privilege of spending some time with you yesterday! My heart hurts to see the pain, but at the same time I marvel at what God has done in you as you've surrendered to Him! Love you my dear friend! many blessings and butterfly's in the days to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you girl.... i'm hurting for you and the rest of the family - so so much. Have no clue how this all could be turned into something beautiful, but one day we'll be with her again! And we'll KNOW. Let's keep holding on to His hand... <3 <3

    Didi

    ReplyDelete