Sunday, September 2, 2012


Walk down this street and join me in my life here in Thailand....



This is Thailand! :-) The land of beautiful, hot, muggy days with fairly frequent rain showers. I'm totally enjoying this weather! :-) {I think my body may even be adjusting to it....Saturday I was at an air conditioned coffee shop “doing homework”....*aka. Discussing homework & attempting to get something written down on paper*....drinking a delicious lime frappe, and shivering. ;-) Good times. :-)




*The Hide Away coffee shop

(the 1st coffee shop I visited upon returning to Thailand. I still haven't got to all my favourite coffee shops yet.....but I still have a few weeks!)



Classes started this week. So my life now consists of: getting up early for class, chapel, homework, another class, another class, a delicious Thai lunch, homework, another class, then 2 hours of homework, another amazing Thai meal, then either a ministry night or recreation night, followed by more homework, and sleeping for a few hours. And of course, whenever there is a spare moment there is usually more homework or Bible memory to work on. :-) I love it!! So glad I am here! :-)


My classes this term are: The Church & Her Foes [it's a great class with some challenging homework assignments], The Gospel of John [an amazing Bible study!], a Missiology class [a class that is totally blowing my mind!! I think every Christian (or at least every Christian pastor!) should have to take this class. The things we discuss are some every key points in the Bible that I have never even heard be taught in church!! Our churches would be so different...], and a Language Accquistion class [it's re-enforcing to me just how important it is to study the Cambodian language!].



I think the thing that impacted me the most this week in classes was the whole thing of using Jesus' ministry as a model for our ministries today. When you really study Jesus' ministry strategies you will be amazed at all you learn! His mission was to reach the WHOLE world. But He did not focus on the multitudes, instead He focused on training the 12 disciples to take His place when He had to leave. That really challenged me! Even though I only have 3 months in Cambodia, I can still make an impact by teaching 1 or 2 people to love the kids like God enables me to love them. So, let me ask you....who are you training???



Saturday night I had the privilege of going to Walking Street. It's when the city closes down some streets and vendors set up their booths to sell their stuff. You can buy anything there. From food to t-shirts to traditional style of clothes to hats to purses to jewelry to EXTRA S.U.P.E.R. AMAZING coffee smoothies!!!




I rode home from Walking Street in a tuk tuk [a motorcyle with a little 'cart/carriage' attached to the back of it]. It was a great cultural experience. :-)



 









No comments:

Post a Comment