Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas in Cambodia

Just to give you a glimpse into what my Christmas was like.
 
Christmas was different this year.
My family was separated in three far away countries.
I can't wait 'til Heaven!
But, it was still a good Christmas.
I got to Vox with my nieces and nephew for awhile. :)
I surprised Mom & Dad with a phone call--turned into a Skype chat. :)
I opened a box of Christmas cookies made by Mom--delicious!! :)
 
 
On the 23rd us girls went out for a nice Fish supper & ice cream.
We were all recovering from some sort of stomach flu/food poisoning,
 so we weren't very energetic. :( But it was still fun. :)

We came home and 'exchanged' gifts :)
 

The 24th, part of my team got together to celebrate Christmas.
This was great!
It helped to make it feel more like Christmas to celebrate with people & food. :)

We went to the newest mall in the city, & went ice skating.
It was so much fun to be skating again!! :)
It was even FREEZING COLD in the arena!!! :)
[But it did make me miss playing hockey....if there would have been hockey sticks around, I would have used them!]

Alyssa & I

Alyssa & I had fun getting the house all decorated for Christmas & making the food look pretty. :)
 

I may not have my nieces & nephew around to love on & spoil,
 but this adorable guy & his brother sure don't mind getting spoiled! :)
 
 
Christmas Day Brunch!!
{Cinnamon French Toast & an iced Peppermint Mocha}
 
Everyone else had plans Christmas Day, so Alyssa & I created some too.
We went to Daughter Café for brunch,
then we took our cameras for a walk around by the riverfront
& around Diamond Island. :)
 

The Royal Palace


It was a lovely, warm day.





A lovely photographer


This BEAUTIFUL flag was flying by the river.
My other home. :)

Palm trees...not quite the Christmas landscape I am used to...but still beautiful! :)

A gate leading to the Royal Palace.
 
We stopped at this cute little ice cream shop.
The Carmel Frappe wasn't so good. :(
But the sorbet was! :)
 
My Christmas Day also included a {slow!} trip to the airport to pick up more team members.
{I've never rode on a tuktuk where the driver was this cautious--wow! But hey, we were very, very safe! We weren't going to get into an accident!!}
 
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas as well!
And God's blessings in the New Year!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment