Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Memories of NYC....

I never hated cities.
But I never thought I would L.O.V.E. living in a city.
But I did.

I thought: "It's not going to be that hard leaving NYC. I was only there 6 weeks. Sure, I got close to people there, but I won't sink into some major depression because I'm leaving or anything."
Haha.
Good joke. :)

As I sat in my plane on the tarmac taking in the sights of NYC for the last time [for awhile], I realized I really did fall in love with the city! And I couldn't deceive myself any longer, I was going to miss living in the city.
But that wasn't all,
I was going to miss the people that I had spent the last 6 weeks with, WAY more than I thought!

There is something about connecting with people who have a similar vision and passion in life. Something about having been in the same places, met the same people, seen the same kinds of poverties as you, sat through the same classes as you......something about it makes you connect in way you can't with the person who hasn't been there before.




Some of the things I miss about NYC:
~the people I met there
~our discussions
~the times we would sing together....esp. the times we would go to Roosevelt Island and sing on the top of the hill---or take photos of the lovely city! ;-)
~walking everywhere
Yes, this was also one of the hardest things for me due to some annoying health issues. But some of my greatest memories were made while walking thru the city.....oh, the conversations the sidewalks could share! ;)
~ my daily evening entertainment
Pinterest. Lame jokes. Loud bursts of laughter. Interesting conversations.
Oh, I miss my dear roommates!!! :-(
~riding the subway
~sitting in classes
~Hallal carts....it's been about a week since I ate rice! I need to eat some rice again!!
~the spring flowers
.....and much more!

I've missed just living in a city.

But
good news......
in 1 day, 17 hours and 36 minutes I step on the airplane that will take me to my new 'home'
....another city!!! :)
Slightly [okay, ALOT!] different than NYC!
 But still a city!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment